Purpose -- The Citizen's Oversight Committee (the "Committee") is charged with the following purposes under Proposition 39:
- To verify that projects funded with bond proceeds were included (specifically or broadly) in under the projects list submitted to voters (or available to voters if not reprinted in its entirety in the Voter Handbook) at the time of election.
- To review the annual financial audit and performance audit mandated under Proposition 39.
- To review the annual list of deferred maintenance projects.
- To conduct on-site inspections of projects to verify performance of contractors on an as needed basis only.
- To request that the District provide information on cost saving methods of design or construction that relate to any of the proposed projects.
- To publicize the results of the findings at least on the District website of the Committee in order to inform the public of the status of the bonds and the proposed projects.
- To evaluate the applicability of "reusable" designs for schools financed with Bond proceeds.
Voting Requirements -- The Committee shall undertake its powers through a formal vote of its members at authorized meetings, as follows:
The following actions shall be approved by a majority of members present at a duly authorized meeting of the Committee:
- Acceptance of the annual financial audit and annual performance audit.
- Adoption of the resolutions, statements of opinion, requests to the Governing Board and expenditures from its budget.
- Adoption of procedures and guidelines, as permitted herein.
- Scheduling of additional meetings or canceling existing meetings or by a majority vote of all members by telephone, email or fax.
- Requesting site inspections to verify the progress of work.
- Designating the creation of subcommittees and assign its members to serve on such subcommittees by an affirmative vote of members present.
- Designating one or more members of the Committee to represent the Committee at meetings of the Governing Board or other public meetings reasonably necessary to the functioning of the Committee.